Describe the ideal game room if your budget were unlimited.
We’re actually in the process of creating our own game room, so I’ve been mulling this over lately. Given a budget significantly higher than mine, I’d go for:
- A table where much of the surface area is a display under glass, so I can show a battle map or pictures.
- A projector and screen to display other pictures or the ever-handy Live GameScreen.
- Speakers around the room for background audio.
- Lighting via those new-fangled light bulbs that can change color. I don’t want the whole room to suddenly go red, but I’d like to tint things a little yellow in a desert or blue near water.
- A dedicated gaming computer, or a place I can plug in a laptop, to control all of the above.
- Six player chairs, with cushions and backs but no arms. I find that arms encourage a person to sit back, and I’d rather have players lean into the table.
- One DM chair, as above but higher. I’m not very tall.
- Power access in the table or floor, for laptops.
- A small fridge for gaming drinks and anybody who brought lunch.
- A bookcase for gaming books, instead of having them two floors away.
- Minis, terrain, prop, and board game storage.
- Carpet. No audible foot-tapping.
- Appropriate wall decorations and posters. Physical props would be neat, but then I’d have to dust them.
- And finally, because I know my players, coasters.